Shobha Karandlaje is a Member of the Parliament of the 16th Loksabha of India which was elected during the Indian General Elections held in 2014. At present Ms.Shobha represents the Udupi – Chikmagalur constituency in Karnataka as the MP. She assumed this responsibility on 17th May 2014.
Shobha Karandlaje Personal Details, Family and Political Background
Shobha Karandlaje was born in Puttur of Dakshina Kannada district of Karnataka on 23rd October 1966. Her father’s name was Shri Monappa Gowda and her mother is Smt. Poovakka. Ms.Shobha holds M.A. and M.S.W. degrees which she got from Mysore University and Mangalore University respectively. As per our knowledge, Shobha Karandlaje isn’t married.
Ms.Shobha’s Political Background
Shobha was attracted to the ideologies of the Hindu nationalist party Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh at a very early age. She started working at Sangh Parivar as a full-time worker. And the RSS duly rewarded her sincere dedication by supporting her entry into the politics.
Ms.Shobha Karandlaje was elected as an MLC in 2004. Before that, she worked in various capacities in the Bharatiya Janata Party. Later in 2008, Ms. Shobha contested the M.L.A elections from Yeswanthpur, Bangalore and won the seat for B.J.P.
After the win, she was appointed as the “minister for rural development and Panchayat Raj” in the government led by B.S. Yeddyurappa. But soon she resigned from the post due to some political pressures in the year 2009. However, the problems were over soon and Ms.Shobha was reinstated into the cabinet. In the year 2010, she was given the energy portfolio.
Shobha Karandlaje was also the power minister and looked after the food and civil supplies department in the Jagadish Shettar cabinet.
Various Positions Held By Shobha Karandlaje and The Years at a Glance
- She served as the member of Karnataka Legislative Council from the year 2004 to 2008.
- She served as the member of Karnataka Legislative Assembly from the year 2008 – 2013 during which period she also served as the Cabinet Minister in the Government of Karnataka.
- She was elected to 16th Lok Sabha on May 2014
- Ms. Shobha served as the member of the Committee on Empowerment of Women from 1 September 2014 to 03 December 2014
- She is also serving as the member of Standing Committee on Defence, and member of the consultative committee in the Ministry of Agriculture since 1 Sep. 2014.
- She is serving as the member of Joint Committee on the Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement (Second Amendment) Bill, 2015 since 13 May 2015.
>>>>>>>>Interesting Read about Rachita Ram<<<<<<